Infection preventionists’ (IPs) main responsibility is to prevent and control the spread of infections. IPs use their detective skills to find the bad germs and make sure that everyone is doing the right things to keep patients—as well as other healthcare professionals and visitors—safe. Patient safety is their number one priority; we know it’s yours too!
What you can do:
- Partner with your infection preventionist to use proven ways to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
- Clean your hands before and after you care for a patient.
- Wear gloves, gowns, and masks at the right times.
- Ensure the patient’s room and any equipment used is clean.
- Contact your infection preventionist if you have any infection-related questions or concerns.
Learn more and share:
- You are an important part of infection prevention!—Infection Prevention and You infographic poster
- About APIC