APIC wants to help patients and care providers talk to each other about infection prevention. Because hand hygiene is one of the most direct ways to preventing infection, we have created some simple slogans and materials on this topic to help get the dialog started. These images are available for purchase or (free) download to print a variety of stickers and fliers with the following three messages:
- Clean hands stop germs. Ask us if we washed.
- Clean hands stop germs. Ask how you can help.
- Clean hands stop germs. Ask if you have questions.
All three slogans are available in multiple layouts and sizes so you can use whichever is most suitable for facility. We encourage you to place the materials in patient admission packets, patient rooms, on tissue boxes, and even on the bathroom mirror. We hope the new materials will be helpful in your efforts to encourage patients to speak up with questions or concerns. We would love your feedback on how useful they were to you, for example, how did you use the materials? Did they help patients feel more at ease asking if hand hygiene had been performed? Was staff more open to questions from patients? What are your challenges in encouraging patients to speak up? We will use your feedback to develop more resources in the coming year.
We have the following sizes available below:
- 8.5 x 11″ — This two-sided poster can be printed and posted.
- 5 x 5″ — These squares can stick on bathroom mirrors, and they will work perfectly for social media.
- 8.75 x 1.75″ — These rectangles fit on tissue boxes, folders, or wherever you decide to stick them.
The clean hands stop germs stickers and decals are perfect for walls, mirrors, tissue boxes, and healthcare professionals!
Purchase the clean hands stop germs stickers here
Click these bars to download your favorite germs and slogans.
Ask if you have questions
Ask us if we washed