Join your friends, family members, and healthcare professionals in celebrating International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW), October 15-21, 2017. IIPW, which takes place the third week of October each year, raises awareness of the role infection prevention plays to improve patient safety. Read more about the history of IIPW.
APIC is busy creating resources and materials to help you celebrate IIPW this year! In the meantime, here is the current information we have available. Please check back periodically or follow APIC on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date content.
When is IIPW? October 15-21, 2017
What is the theme? Antibiotic Resistance
Will there be an updated toolkit? Yes! It will be available at the end of August.
What to expect?
- More resources to help members plan and execute a successful IIPW, including polls, quizzes, eCards, social media memes, other interactive activities.
- Twitter chat during IIPW.
- Ready-made social media posts to share.
Activities that are already available:
- Download, print, and share free infographics.
- Download, print, and share the free Clean Hands Stop Germs materials (including coloring page).
- Shop logo merchandise (Merchandise with dates and new merchandise will be updated by the end of the summer).
- Follow APIC on Twitter and Facebook.
- If you have an idea about an IIPW activity or resource, email Julie Blechman, email@example.com.
The following pages house the tools for you to advocate and promote IIPW, the materials to give infection prevention special visibility, and the locations for conversations about why infection prevention matters. Explore these resources and incorporate them in your IIPW celebration and activities.
Everything IIPW is located on this page. Learn about IIPW and how to get involved in IIPW this year. Access sample social media posts, newsletter copy, a press release. Do you need ideas on hosting an IIPW event? Look no further. We have fun and creative ideas for activities to help engage everyone in infection prevention.
Logos and Web Buttons
Download the 2017 IIPW logos and web buttons. Link to our page on your website and share these images on social media.
Games and Activities
Looking for online resources to help educate about infection prevention? Check out these resources for children and adults.
Support IIPW by spreading the message of infection prevention.