Join your friends, family members, and healthcare professionals in celebrating International Infection Prevention Week. IIPW, which takes place the third week of October each year, raises awareness of the role infection prevention plays to improve patient safety. Read more about the history of IIPW. IIPW in 2018 will be October 14-20.
The 2017 theme for International Infection Prevention Week was Antibiotic Resistance. Thank you for participating in IIPW this year.
- We hosted a Twitter Chat with the CDC (#IIPWChat) on Tuesday, October 17 at 2 pm ET.
- Thank you for joining our Thunderclap campaign.
IIPW is one week of recognition, but infection preventionists are committed 365 days a year.
- Download our infographic posters and logos and web buttons.
- Download, print, and share the our new games and activity pages.
- You can still shop logo merchandise. Infection prevention never goes out of style!
- Share messages about antibiotic resistance and IIPW in your newsletters and via social media. (Sample posts and article copy is located in the promotional toolkit.)
- Follow APIC on Twitter and Facebook.
- If you have an idea about an IIPW activity or resource, email Julie Blechman, email@example.com.
The following pages house the tools for you to advocate and promote IIPW, the materials to give infection prevention special visibility, and the locations for conversations about why infection prevention matters. Explore these resources and incorporate them in your IIPW celebration and activities.
Everything IIPW is located on this page. Learn about IIPW and how to get involved in IIPW this year. Access sample social media posts, newsletter copy, a press release. Do you need ideas on hosting an IIPW event? Look no further. We have fun and creative ideas for activities to help engage everyone in infection prevention.
Logos and Web Buttons
Download the 2017 IIPW logos and web buttons. Link to our page on your website and share these images on social media.
Games and Activities
Looking for online resources to help educate about infection prevention? Check out these resources for children and adults.
Support IIPW by spreading the message of infection prevention.