There is no shortage of new germs to keep healthcare workers on their toes. With so many dangerous bacteria, viruses, and foodborne outbreaks making national headlines, it can be hard to stay informed.
APIC can help you stay up-to-date and direct you to reliable information to share with your colleagues and patients.
- Avian influenza A (H7N9)—The Asian bird flu.
- Clostridium difficile—The deadly diarrhea.
- CRE—The lethal bacteria.
- Cyclospora—The parasite that clings to lettuce, leafy greens, and more.
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB)—Expensive and deadly.
- Ebola—The hemorrhagic fever.
- Listeriosis—The food that bites back.
- Lyme disease—Can you hit the bullseye?
- MRSA—We can’t let our guard down.
- Meningitis—Inflammation of the brain lining and spinal cord.
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV)—A potential SARS-like virus of concern.
- Mosquito-borne illnesses—More than just itchy bumps.
- Salmonella—Hatching from chicken, eggs, and more.
- Scabies, bed bugs, and lice—How nice!
- Seasonal influenza—Killer of 36,000 Americans each year.